Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Chapter Six-Danger

         "You should know the moment you scream I'll march right over to little girl sleeping in the room next to yours and slit her throat." He whispered so quietly that I nearly missed what he said.
         I nodded my head to let him know I understood. Was he just going to kill me right here and now? Had he all ready killed Will? I wanted to kick and scream so badly yet his warning rang in my head so loudly. I couldn't get that innocent little girl in the next room in danger because I was scared for my life. She's been nothing but kind to me since I met her. Melinda has every right to be able to live her life like she wanted to. 
         Marcus jerked me out of the bed to my feet shoving me toward the open window. I really should have closed that window before I had laid down. I climbed out the window my bare feet feeling every little rock in the dirt. Marcus was close behind me grabbing me by my upper arm dragging me along with him. Was he trying to make sure to kill me some place where no one would be able to hear me? Would it be easier on him if he left my body where the Cruets could get to it so they could do his clean up? What I couldn't understand is why he was dragging me out of the house instead of just finishing me off right there. What was the point of dragging this out besides possibly making me feel like I was about to have a second panic attack? I would just rather he end it instead of letting me continue wondering what was about to happen.
         "Would you just end it all ready?" I snapped.
         "End what?" he asked.
         "My life."
         "What led you to believe that my goal was to kill you?" he wondered with a raised eyebrow.
         "What do you want with me then?" I questioned feeling the blood drain from my face.
         "I personally want nothing to do with you. I was given an order and I'm following through with it. It's the man I work for that wants you." he explained.
         "And who is the m-man you w-work for?" I stammered.
         "You'll find out soon enough. Now stop talking." he ordered.
         Why would the man Marcus works for want me? I felt my heart stop in my chest when I managed to connect together some important clues. Will had been chasing Marcus in to my world to figure out what he wanted there. Why had Marcus' boss want me? I was far from anything special so why would someone from another world having someone go through so much trouble to get me? I had a very bad feeling about this and the further I went with Marcus the faster my heart began to beat. I really didn't want to find out what his boss wants with me especially since from what I've heard he's far from a good person.
         We went further and further in to the forest darkness around us making it hard to see where we were going. I had to get away from Marcus but I wasn't sure how I would do that. I couldn't fight like Will could so trying to battle him was out of the question. I could barely see two feet in front of my feet so running would be difficult. As much as I hated thinking it right now I really wished that Will was here. I hated the thought even more because I knew it meant that I couldn't really take care of myself. I've always been able to take care of any problem I've had and when I did need help I would go to my parents. I was far from my parents to be able to get their help. I was pretty sure at this point I was too far away from even calling out for help. Marcus' grip on my arms was so tight that my arm was beginning to hurt quite a bit. Slipping his grip would be probably a lucky break if I'm able to do at least that. The only way at this point I would get away from Marcus is if I got extremely lucky.
         I was surprised when out of nowhere Marcus yanked me backwards causing me to trip over my own feet. If Marcus hadn't been holding on to my arm I probably would have fallen on to my butt. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw a large form land where we had just been standing. When the figure stepped forward in to the moon light I felt my heart skip a beat when I saw that it was Will. He had actually came after me. How had he known that Marcus had taken me? Even better was how he had managed to catch up to us so easily in the dark? As much as he irritates me I couldn't have been more happy when I saw Will.
         "Let her go Marcus." Will snarled.
         "Or what?" Marcus smirked.
        "You won't live to find out." Liam said stepping out of the shadows from behind holding a broad sword in both hands
         "Now do you get to walk away with your life tonight or do we get to cut you down?" Will asked.
         "Of all people Will I would think you would know better by now than to come between what he wants." Marcus sneered.
         "What does he want with her?" Will demanded.
         "That's something you won't be finding out today." Marcus laughed.
         Before either Will or Liam were able to say another word Marcus suddenly jerked pulling something out of a pouch on his belt. I wasn't able to see what it was but I saw his hand motion as he threw it on the ground. I felt the ground under my feet shake violent before it split open revealing a chasm at our feet. Looking over the edge all I could see were swirling winds that made my hair whip around my face. I was really hoping that Marcus wasn't planning on jumping in there. I could see that Will's face was twisted in anger as he leaped forward jumping across the width of the chasm. Marcus knocked me back as Will lashed out at him with a pair of long bladed daggers. Marcus managed to dodge each strike Will tried to land expertly in a way that made it seem like he knew what his move was going to be. How was Marcus able to move so easily while still managing to keep a hold on my arm?
         Not really thinking I did the first thing that popped in to my head. I bite down as hard as I possibly could on to Marcus' hand holding on to me. I heard Marcus hiss in pain loosening his grip on me. It was enough though that I managed to slip my hand out of his grip. I stumbled backwards several steps just as Liam dashed forward catching me before I fell in to the chasm. I was so relieved that they had shown up that when Liam caught me I let out a sigh of relief. Maybe I wouldn't find out what Marcus' boss would want with me.
          Will continued going after Marcus his intent to kill Marcus clear on his face. I felt my eyes go wide though when Marcus suddenly knocked one of Will's weapons out of his hand. Marcus then quickly pivoted on his feet swinging his other foot around. Marcus kicked Will straight in the chest knock him backwards. I could hear Will let out as gasp of pain as Marcus' boot connected with his chest. Marcus then instantly turned around to face Liam. Liam quickly pushed me behind him putting himself between Marcus and me. Marcus didn't even wait a minute before lunging forward towards Liam. Liam swung his broad sword in way that it appeared to be as light as a feather. Like with Will Marcus was able to move avoiding the blade of Liam's sword gracefully. Unlike Will as Liam fought Marcus his face remained neutral not letting any emotion escape. Liam seemed far more in control than Will is.
         Marcus then slammed his palm against the flat part of Liam's sword knocking it out of the way. Liam swung with the momentum Marcus created the tip of the blade digging in to the ground slightly. Marcus then grabbed Liam by the collar swinging him over his shoulder. I gasped as I watch Marcus throw Liam as if he weighed nothing more than a cat. My eyes widened when I saw Liam crash in to Will as he was trying to get back in to the fight. Without missing a beat Marcus was in front of me blocking my view of both Liam and Will. I could hear the two of them scrambling to get back to their feet to get me away from Marcus. Marcus then grabbed me around the waist lifting me over his shoulder. I instantly began panicking making my heart pump adrenaline faster through my body. I kicked and slammed my fists against Marcus as hard as I possibly could. No matter how hard I hit him it didn't seem to phase him in the slightest. I might as well be a mosquito biting his skin on a hot summer day.
         "Riley!" I heard Will exclaim.
         The next thing I knew Marcus heaved me over the edge of the chasm. I felt myself lift up a couple inches in to the air before falling straight down in to the swirling winds. I just barely caught a glimpse of both Liam and Will reaching over the edge of the chasm trying to catch me. Seconds after I fell in to the chasm the wind and dirt closed around the top of the chasm blocking out the opening. I could feel myself falling yet at the same time it felt like I was moving through jello. My decent seemed to be slowed even though the winds around me wiped around me making my hair go all over the place. What was going on? How had Marcus created the whirlwind? Was I going to be trapped in here the rest of my life? Like the winds around me questions swirled around my head seeming to collide in to each other.
         I gasped when out of nowhere I felt myself drop like a rock. I was even more startled when I found myself landing on a massive queen sized four poster bed. Looking up the whirl winds I had literally just dropped out of vanished with out a trace that they were ever there. While my heart was still pounding in my chest I looked around the enormous room I was now in. The room had walls with giant grey stones that were smoothed to the point that there wasn't even the slightest crack in them. Along the wall to my right was a fire place that had statues of wolves with bowed heads sitting on either side. In front of the fire was a large rug that was at least two inches thick and was a deep violet color. To the left of the bed along the same wall were two french doors with flowing curtains hanging in front of them. I quickly raced over to those doors opening them to find myself standing on a round balcony. I could feel my heart drop when I realized that I was at least a good thirty stories up in to the air.
         Looking out over the edge of the balcony I saw that I was in what I could only describe as a castle. There were several towers all around me some of which rose up high above my head. I could make out the wall rising up all around the castle grounds where there people walking along it wearing what looked like a suit of armor. There were several flags along the wall that were very narrow with a rose surrounded in thorns  on each in a very deep red and green. Where the hell was I now?
         "Well it's good to see that you've arrived in one piece."
         I whirled around to find a man standing behind me. He looked to be about the same age as Liam and Will maybe a year or two older. He wore some leather boots over some black pants. On his chest he wore a silver chain mail vest over a long sleeved white shirt. Every piece of clothing he wore looked tailor made just to fit him and was probably made with the most expensive material. His neatly combed jet black hair had bangs that hung slightly above his eyes. His eyes were a deep ocean blue that seemed cold even though he was smiling at me. Just being near this man made me want to jump over the balcony to get away from him. He made look as handsome as an angel or a model would look but something told me he was very far from that.
         "W-who are you?" I demanded.
         "I'm sure Marcus told you who I was?" he asked tilting his head to the side watching me very closely.
         "Marcus works for you." I concluded feeling the blood rush from my face.
         "Yes he does and it sounds like he didn't bother to tell you much else." he sighed
         "I've heard plenty from Will."
         "You shouldn't believe everything he says." he smiled. "My name is Charlie Macour and I have been waiting a long time to meet you Riley."
         "Why?"
         "We're going to some great things together of course." he said his smile growing bigger.
         Things were just getting worse and worse the longer I was in this world. Now I was trapped in a castle with a man who I was pretty sure had a few screws loose. I was really hoping that things didn't get any worse than this. Then again I could be very much wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment