Monday, May 20, 2013

Chapter Seven-New Discovery

         "W-what makes y-you think that I would be able or willing to help you with anything?" I wondered.
         "I'm quite sure you'll be able to help me in my plans. You're the only one that's capable of helping me." he stated. "Unfortunately there isn't any one else in this world or yours that can do what you can do."
         "And what do you think it is that I can do?" I questioned.
         "Well open a portal between our worlds of course." he answered.
         "If I could do that I would have gone home the first chance I had." I pointed out rolling my eyes at him. 
         "I wouldn't have brought you here if I wasn't absolutely sure that you were the right person. In your world there is only one blood line that has the ability to create portals on command. Unfortunately your world has come to fear and disbelieve magic so much that the ability has been forgotten." He explained.
         "So if I have this so called ability then how do you plan on having me actually figure out how to use this? Also what makes you think I won't jump through the first portal I can create to go back home?" I inquired.
         "What makes you think Marcus is the only one I sent in to your world?" he countered.
         I could feel my breath catch in my throat as I managed to put two and two together. If what he's saying is true that means there is another person like Marcus in my world. Could they be watching my parents? Did Charlie plant them there in case I do anything against Charlie? The biggest question is how is Charlie communicating with them? My parents were possibly in a great deal of danger all because Charlie believes that I can open portals between our worlds. For the moment till I was sure that my parents were safe I was stuck here.
         "Now shall we get you dressed in something with a little more material?" he said standing aside.
         Looking down at myself I realized that I was still only wearing the night gown that Liam's mother had given me. The pajamas I woken up in needed to be cleaned because of the blood that had soaked through the bandages before Elizabetha healed my leg. The night gown that I was wearing went all the way down to my knees while the wool material was actually pretty thin. My bare feet were covered in dirt from Marcus dragging me through the forest. I was very sure that after everything that happened I very much needed a bath. There was even a thin layer of dirt underneath my nails of my hands. I didn't even want to imagine how wild my hair looked because of the whirl winds.
         "I very much doubt you would want to run around this castle wearing just that." he pointed out.
         "I'm not confined to this room?" I asked surprised.
         "Of course not but my guards have been instructed to make sure you do not leave the grounds." Charlie told me walking toward the doors opposite from the bed. "You coming?"
         I took a few steps forward unsure if I should go with him or not. I eventually followed him out in to the hallway realizing that there wasn't much else I could do. It was better for me if I walked around this castle and learned where everything was. Maybe I could find some hidden passage way that leads outside past the walls. The only real issue I had with this half thought out plan of mine was what Charlie had said about my parents. If I did manage to get out of here what would happen to my parents if he was actually telling the truth? I needed to know for sure whether or not he actually had someone watching them. If I knew for sure that they were truly in danger then I might be able to figure my next step. At this point I was very much stuck here with Charlie.
         I followed Charlie down to the level below us in to a room that had a massive tub built in to the floor. The water had steam rising from it and there were some rose petals floating along the surface. Placed on the edge of the tub was what looked like a bar of soap and some wash clothes. Folded neatly on a bench on the far wall were some towels along with what looked like some fresh clothing. Charlie said that he would leave me to get washed up and he would return in about thirty minutes for me. The moment that Charlie closed the door I heard the click of the lock going in to place. So much for being allowed to wander around freely.
          I sighed as I pulled the night gown over my head letting it lie on the ground beside the tub. I sank to the warm water finding a small perch to sit on all along the edges of the tub. There was a rich rose scent coming up from the water that surrounded me. I could see the dirt lifting off my feet as they soaked in the water. I let myself slide down in to the water till even my head was submerged as well. I could feel my hair float out around me and the pressure in my ears from the water blocking out all sound. As I floated in the darkness my mind strayed back to the looks on Liam and Will's faces as they tried to catch me before the chasm closed. Liam's calm composure he had while fighting Marcus was gone. There had been so much worry on his face that it made my heart tighten thinking about it.. Yet it was Will's face that stood out the clearest in my mind. His face had been so pale that his black hair stood out harshly against his skin. I was pretty sure that he had been shouting my name as I fell but the winds were so loud all I could see were his lips moving. I felt my hear flutter when I remembered seeing tears falling from his eyes.
         As I lifted my head back out of the water I couldn't understand why he was crying. As far as I knew he thought of me as nothing more than a nuisance. Why would he be crying? I can see him being worried about me because like Liam said he's just not one to really show people how he feels. That he keeps them at arms length because of what Charlie would do to them. Still he's only known me a few days. Why would he be crying over me? I very much doubt that I was that important to him.
         When I finally stepped out of the tub I was still just as confused about Will as I was when I had stepped in to the waters. I quickly dried off before getting dressed in the clothing sitting on the bench. I groaned a little when I saw that it was a dress. The first layer was a thin white sleeveless dress that fell down to my ankles. The next piece of the dress was a skirt that was golden tan. The vest that was lying next to the dress had a built in corset and was a light brown in color. I was surprised that the buttons on the front were actually solid gold. As I was getting dressed I noticed that there were some tan colored heels that were only about two inches high. Resting on the shoes were knee high stockings. Just as I was slipping my feet in to the heels I heard the lock in the door turn. Moments later Charlie walked back in.
         "My do you clean up nicely." he commented.
         "What are we going to do now?" I wondered. "Do I get to go back to my room to get some sleep now? It is still the middle of the night."
         "You didn't notice that the sun was all ready coming up. You were in that transfer wind for hours. If you fall asleep now you won't be able to sleep tonight." he stated.
         "Then what are we supposed to do?" I asked.
         "Now we go eat breakfast. You're going to need your energy for the training you're going to be starting today." he declared.
         "Just food alone won't be enough to keep awake all day." I sighed all ready beginning to feel how heavy my eyes were.
         "You'll want to stay awake. You're instructor doesn't take to kindly to those that don't pay attention or falls asleep during his lessons." he warned.
         "What teacher does like that?" I said rolling my eyes at him.
         "Come along" He motioned with his hand.
         I sighed as I began following him out of the room in to the hallway trying real hard not to trip in the heels I was wearing. I've never been a fan of wearing high heels before so I haven't had much practice walking in them before. I kept having to pay attention to where I was stepping rather then where I was going especially since the floors were made of the same stones as the walls. I had to keep watching where I stepped so that I didn't trip on any of the cracks between the stones. The problem with watching your feet though is if you're following someone you aren't watching them completely. So when Charlie suddenly stopped in front of me I ended up running directly in to him.
         I half expected for him to get mad at me bumping in to him. I was quite surprised when he just gave me a small smile over his shoulder. Then again if I wanted someone to do something for me I wouldn't start out by doing something mean to them. Who knows maybe he isn't as bad as everyone says he is? Then again he did just have someone that works for him kidnap me as well as threatened my parents if I tried to leave. I couldn't let him being remotely nice to me cause me to forget that underneath it all he was a snake.
         When Charlie opened the door I found myself walking in to a room that sent chills up my spine. There weren't any windows so the only light came from candles. There were several circles with multiple designs painted on the floor that looked suspiciously like blood. On the wall were shackles that were made of steel with what I was really hoping was rust. There were several shelves with both books and jars that things floating in them that I would rather not know what they are. Sitting in a chair with his feet propped up on a table reading a book was a woman that looked like she could use a good meal or two. She was extremely tall and was so thin that I was sure that she needed treatment for anorexia. Her auburn color hair was pulled back in to a very tight bun pulling the skin around her brown eyes. She had skin that was so pale I wasn't sure if she's ever seen the sunlight in her life. With her pale skin the freckles across her nose stood out as if they had been painted there. This woman was supposed to be teaching me how to open a portal to and from my world like Charlie claims that I can?
         "Good morning Lucia. I've brought you the pupil I promised." Charlie said entering the room.
         "You're late." she snapped.
         "I'm sorry about that my dear. I trust that you'll be able to teach her even though she has no experience." Charlie stated.
         "Have I ever failed you before?" she smirked.
         "Then I leave her in your care." Charlie smiled.
         In that moment I was trying to decide whether or not I should go with Charlie or stay here with Lucia. Either way I knew my decision wouldn't be a good one. Both seemed to radiate evil from their bodies, Lucia just seemed to show it more than Charlie. When the door shut behind me I felt my stomach drop through the floor. Lucia sat in her chair for several minutes watching me. I hated the way she was watching me as if she was able to see right through me. My mom and dad were able to do that especially when I was trying to hide that I was upset. The fact that Lucia was doing that now made me feel quite uncomfortable not just because she's a stranger.
         "Shall we begin." Lucia sighed standing up.
        "I'm not sure if he told you this but I'm pretty sure that I can't create the portal he wants me to." I pointed out.
         "He did tell me that you might be a disbeliever when it comes to anything magic. That just means that I have to make a believer out of you first before we can truly begin. Once you believe then we can truly begin your training." She said standing over me.
        "After what I've seen so far I've all ready began to believe." I said.
        "I can seen that a spark has been light inside of you but it is far from a roaring flame. What Charlie didn't tell you obviously is that I am a vampire. One of my gifts is that I'm able to see a person's inner most depths. Like I can see how much you miss your parents. I can see parts of you that you didn't even know you have including being able to see that you have the ability to create portals." she explained.
         "A vampire?" I said very confused.
         "What you expected that I would be this beautiful but deadly creature? Contrary to what you have come to know vampires are beautiful. Our bodies are dead which is why we feed on blood to keep them working. It is also why my body is so thin. The body can't collect fat or build muscle when I'm not ingesting food like a normal human would." she laughed. "Now enough talking let us begin our lesson."
         I gulped as I watched her move across the room to a shelf grabbing book after book. My instructor is a vampire and I'm being left here alone with her. What if she decided that she needed a snack? What was going to stop her from sinking her teeth in to me? Watching her move I did notice how graceful she was even though her body seemed so brittle. I really hoped that she didn't get hungry during these lessons. G45ASKXXMDRY 

No comments:

Post a Comment